|| SOCICC - Agenda
Thursday, May 17, 2018
|SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ AGENDA ~
May 17, 2018
Taprock Northwest Grill
971 SE 6th St, Grants Pass, Or, 97526
Meeting will be located in the “Evergreen Room”
Pay for Lunch at Location
I. CALL TO ORDER/ INTRODUCTIONS
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
III. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
- Minutes from April 19, 2018
IV. Guest Speaker
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Treasurer’s Operating Report (Alex)
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- SOC-ICC ABM is August 16th and 17th at Diamond Lake. Thursday classes will be 2012 IBC Exit Systems and 2012 IBC Fire- Resistance and Hazardous Uses. Both are 3 hr classes. Cost TBD.We have rooms set aside for us but we need to book them ASAP. Motels are $106 a night for 1 or 2 guests. Studio Kitchenettes are $136 a night for 1 or 2 quests and 2 bedroom cabins from $226 to $256 a night. 541-793-3333. There are also 3 campgrounds, Diamond Lake, Broken Arrow and Thielson View. Daily rates start at $15.00.541-793-3310
- Contractor/ Inspector Forum on June 5th from 4:00 to 6:00pm. The forum will be held at the Community Justice Building, 1101 W. Main St., Medford. Please spread the word.
- Upcoming class- Saturday June 24th-. 2017 Oregon Plumbing Specialty Code and 2017 Oregon Rule and Law for Plumbers. Class to be held at the Medford Library. Cost for the class is $200. The class is taught by McKenzie W. James who is a BCD Approved Instructor, a Plumbing Inspector and a Licensed Journeyman Plumber. The class offers 8 hrs of BCD credits for plumbers. I have submitted the classes to ICC for Preferred Provider Status so we will get .8 CEU’s. Fliers are out. Please get these to your plumbing contractors and supply houses. We need a minimum of 20 people to put this on.
- Support for Allied Building and the AIA Chapter to bring Lunch and Learn Meetings to the building community.
- Nominations/ volunteers for SOC-ICC Board of Directors, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary.
- $100 donation to ICC Region 2 for its Mentorship Program. Money will be used for an individual to attend the ICC ABM with the Region 2 president.
- Support for Mark Stevenson and his Inspector Training Program.
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Update on Friday 5-11-18 class
- Underfloor vapor retarders, clear or black? Can they extend under the footings?
VIII. NEXT MEETING
- June 28, 2018Jackson County Community Justice
1101 W Main St, Medford, Or, 97501