Friday, January 23rd, 2004
I. CALL TO ORDER
· The general meeting was called to order by Roger Waechter, outgoing president; self introductions were made.
· Members present:
Randy Cleveland, Chris Reising, Mary Montague, Dale Bohannan,
Mike Broomfield, Kristine Dimmick, James Dimmick,
TomMarineau, Carl Dependahl, Chad Wiltrout, Daniel Koffler,
Marc Mitchell, Christy Davis, Tom Venzon, Dave Bassett
and Daniel Charbonneau.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
· Motion was made to approve minutes, and seconded.
III. INSTALLATION OF 2004 OFFICERS
· Each took the oath of office and sworn in by Roger Waechter.
Chris Reising - President
Mary Montague - Vice-President
Christy Davis - Secretary/Treasurer
IV. OLD BUSINESS
· Tom Phillips is no longer the Building Codes Division official. Mike Broomfield said the new official is Rebai Tamerhoulet.
· Christy Davis reported the SOC-ICC website should be up and running by the end of February or early March. We will be able to download our membership and registration forms.
V. NEW BUSINESS
· The 2004 membership fee of $10 is now due. Please mail your form and money in as soon as possible.
· Chris advised us the code publications will be changing to a three-ring binder, eliminating the seven-ring binder. Members should contact ICC if they have a problem with the change.
· Dale Bohannan said an additional testing facility has not been worked out yet, but he will follow-up.
VI. OPEN FORUM
· A question was raised regarding conflict between Architect and Engineers Law and Electrical Safety Law. Chris will send a letter to the State, and copies out to whoever would like one.
· Dave Basset said we need a statewide mechanical license to include gas fitters. It was agreed that there should be a standardized test for all jurisdictions that would be recognized by all. Chris said he will ask Bill Cross to add it to the OBOA agenda.
· Dave Bassett said OMOA has changed their meeting days to the 3rd Thursday of each month, in the afternoon.
· The OBOA annual business meeting is July 22nd & 23rd, 2004 @ Seven Feathers. Please email any suggestions for entertainment. The Jet Boat trip, and tour of the Roseburg Lumber Co. were possibilities.
VII. NEXT MEETING
· February 27th, 2004 @ The Brewery