.SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
February 25, 2005 The Brewery
I. CALL TO ORDER
· The general meeting was called to order @ 12:20 p.m. by Carl Dependahl, Vice President
· Members present:
Dale Bohannan, Randy Cleveland, Robert Rice, Kathy Cote, Mike Broomfield, Charlie Chase, Dave Bassett, Tom Venzon, Michelle Stevens, Barbara Rosa, Audra Wonsyld, Mary Montague, Christy Davis, Dave Harden, Chad Wiltrout, Ken Sandlin, Dan Koffler, Marc Mitchell, Michael Slavenski, Carl Dependahl.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
· Members present names need to be changed, other than that motion was made to approve January 28, 2005 minutes; seconded.
III. OLD BUSINESS
· We received a thank you letter from IAAI for our support
· Christy received information from SOU about Tsunamis and passed this information around for everyone to look at. After the information was passed around we had a discussion, we can access the internet and look up more information on SOU’s Tsunami study. We will further discuss donations and what we will do at the next meeting.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
· Home show in Grants Pass will be May 14th – 16th, immediately following the Safety show which is May 8th – 14th. Dave Bassett asked if SOC would donate $325 to help pay for the booth and act as a representative at the Josephine County Fairgrounds. He will bring a sign-up sheet at the March meeting for anyone willing to participate at the show and we will have further discussion at the next meeting.
· Dave Bassett passed out a letter regarding three steel buildings and a fourth one ready to be built. We discussed the contents of the letter.
· Dale Bohannan said that as of today he was informed that we will not get amendments with the new residential code (for those who have already purchased the new book). The amendments will be in the book. No amendments will be available for people who bought books.
· Robert Rice said that at the Spring Institute Structural Code will have a class on Tuesday – Mr. Goish, seismic guru will put on the class.
· Reminder that on March 10th is the code forum in Central Point, ‘Means of Egress’.
· Code change classes in Medford have been confirmed: Electrical, May 19; Plumbing, June 21st; Mechanical, July 26th; Structural, April 19th, 90% sure.
· Michel Slavenski from State Farm Insurance was our guest speaker and talked to us about financial incentives for commercial fire sprinklers.
Submitted by Mary Montague