SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
Friday, April 27, 2007
7 Feathers Casino, Canyonville Oregon
I. CALL TO ORDER
· The general meeting was called to order at 12:15 p.m. by Robert Rice, Vice-President
· Members present: Adele Adams, Dale Bohannan, Michael Terry, Greg Seger, Dave Bassett, Lois De Beneditti, Chris Reising, Rex Turner, Ernie Shumway, Paul Allen, tom Rogers, Ed Wood, Clay Jordan, Rob Mendenhall, Kathy Cote, Barbara La Rosa, Audra Wonsyld, Robert Rice, Aaron Yuma
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
· Minutes approved
IV. NEW BUSINESS
· Treasurer’s report- There is no treasures report at this time.
· It was discussed how various building departments funds are being taken away. Chris Rising will put together a letter to be sent to BCD on behalf of the SOC-ICC to put in a formal request that this issue be looked into as it seems to violate SB 5-87 that was passed to require building departments to be self funded.
· The sign up sheet for the Jo. CO. Home show was passed around for members to sign up. The chapter approved $350.00 to be paid for the booth space.
· The chapter approved the motion to pay $100.00 towards the “Good Bye” reception for Carl Dependahl who was leaving the City of Grants Pass and will be the Building Official at City of Florence.
· The Bill Sizemore Initiative was discussed, up to $35,000 of improvements to a person’s home with no permits.
· Building Codes are not available for viewing at Building Codes Division website.
· A motion was made and passed to increase the current scholarships awarded to RCC from (2) $250.00 to (2) $500.00 scholarships. The motion passed.
· There was a motion made to include UCC in the scholarship program. The motion was tabled until a representative from UCC would be available to inform the chapter about the program before a decision will be made.
· There was a motion to sponsor the Permit Power program from OBOA. After discussion the motion to give OBOA $5000.00 for there outreach program was tabled.
V. OLD BUSINESS
· Chris handed out copies of the bid from the Rouge Council of Government to prepare the permit valuation study. He asked for the members to review it and get back to him.
V. Next Meeting
· There will be no meeting in May, next meeting June 22, JJ North’s Buffet, Grants Pass
Minutes provided by Adele Adams, Douglas County