SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
Friday, October 26, 2007
Seven Feathers Casino, Canyonville Oregon
I. CALL TO ORDER
· The general meeting was called to order at 12:11 p.m. by Robert Rice, Vice President
· Members present: Chad Wiltrout, Adele Adams, Dale Bohannan, Michael Terry, Dave Bassett, Lois De Beneditti, Mary Montague, Chris Reising, Rex Turner, Jeff Pattschull, Marc Mitchell, Kathy Cote, Hank Eckardt, Ron Keyland, Todd Meader, Tom Rogers, Paul Allen, Neil Streech, Michael Morter, Ed Woods, Jim Garrett, Aaron Yuma, Robert Rice, Aundra Wonsyld, Ken Sundun
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
· Minutes approved
IV. NEW BUSINESS
· Nominating committee was formed consisting of Chris, Lois, Dale and Dave.
· Members that were present at the OBOA quartile business meeting gave a summary report. The items that were discussed were SB 1036 on a school funding tax on building permits 1$ per square foot for residence and .50$ per square foot for commercial. It is undecided and unclear how this is going to be enforced at this time. Restriction on Public Employees was discussed and Robert brought up the book by Robert O’Bannon, Building Department Administration and recommended that everyone should read the book. BCD will be putting on line the class required for building officials continuing education requirements.
· There was discussion and a motion was passed to donate $500 towards Robert’s trip to the Phoenix AHWB meeting to act on behalf of the chapter.
V. OLD BUSINESS
· Chris is still working on permit valuations and will keep up us to date on any progress.
· Dave Bassett gave history of building officials for The City of Roseburg and history of chapter officers
· The chapter made 7,125$ on the ADA class and had 1,913$ in expensed. We donated 1,000$ to ADAG as the instructors did not charge us for there services. The profit from the class was 5,211.32$
V. NEXT MEETING
· Next meeting to be in Medford December 7, 2007 Place TBD
Minutes provided by Adele Adams, Douglas County