SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
Friday, January 25, 2008
Seven Feathers Casino, Canyonville Oregon
I. CALL TO ORDER
· The general meeting was called to order at 12:18 p.m. by Robert Rice, President
· Members present: Hank Eckardt, Suzy Wools, Russ Brown, Larry Ellenwood, Adele Adams, Dave Placido, Dennis Davis, Mike Smith, Paul Allen, Ted Zuk, Robert Salinas, Brent Griffiths, Dale Bohannan, Steve Lampert, Michael Terry, LauraLee Gray, Michael Mortar, Dave Galati, Robert Rice, Dave Bassett, Mary Montague.
III. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
· Minutes approved.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
· Adele will be moving and will no longer be able to serve office of Treasurer. Nomination was made and accepted Christy Davis to fulfill office of Treasurer. Officers were accepted and approved by majority vote, Robert Rice, President, Mary Montague, Vice President, Christy Davis, Treasurer, Kathy Cote, Secretary. Dave Bassett installed the two new officers present, Robert Rice and Mary Montague. Past President Carl Dependahl was not able to attend and will be at next meeting. Installation of remaining officers will take place at the February meeting.
· Robert spoke about public outreach and what we need to do as code officials. What his focus as President of our chapter will be and continued consistency.
· Discussed OBOA Code Development committee at the state level and ICC national level.
· Dale made a motion to accept the adoption of the new By-laws as written; and seconded and approved.
· BCD code will be available April 1st, will shoot for March 1st.
· OBOA Quarterly meeting – State is adopting all ICC Certificate of Occupancy section with no effective date at this time. Discussed fee methodologies – Senate Bill 1036. Dave discussed the Think Permit program as a companion and complimentary to Permit Protect. Dave said Bill Cross talked to BO’s about the program requesting funding from our chapter. If we help, i.e. Billboard signs, budget; will get more information so we can look at and make a decision.
· Dave told us about Math Counts. A motion was made and seconded to donate $100.
V. OLD BUSINESS
· Ad hoc committee AHWB- Robert. RB163 and RB164. Seismic and wind loads for design loads separate tables out because they act differently. After some minor modifications they voted on his. Subcommittee was formed for next code cycles. Robert will be co-author in the next Building Safety Magazine with the Wood Bits article.
· After a brief discussion on trying to coordinate a place for our ABM. Made a motion and seconded all
approved to leave it up to the Board Members to decide where our Annual Business Meeting will be located.
VI. BCD Enforcement Presentation
· Brent Griffiths talked about code enforcement. Michael Morter gave us an update on what was going on with BCD including printing of code, fee methodologies and implementation. Policy shop accreditations issues and tracking. Sprinklers rule making on Monday, HB/FR separated. Richard Rogers amend mechanical/residential. RFP for Permits Protect. Second RFP for media buying. Introduced Dave Galati and discussed e-permitting. Now have positions for 5 regional coordinators. Have 2 on board. State standard for sprinklers, local adoption, live on the internet at 9:00.
VII. NEXT MEETING
· Next meeting to be in Grants Pass at The Brewery.
· Meeting adjourned at 1:52 p.m.
Minutes provided by Mary Montague, City of Medford