like us on facebook
SOCICC - Minutes     
Friday, September 26, 2008

SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER

INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL

MINUTES

Friday, September 26, 2008

Seven Feathers, Canyonville

12:00 p.m.

  I.        CALL TO ORDER

         The general meeting was called to order at 12:05 p.m. by Mary Montague, Vice President.

 

II.                INTRODUCTIONS

         Members present: Ed Wood, Neil Streech, Tom Rogers, Bill Emery, Dennis D. Davis, Roger Waechter, Scott Henderson, Phyllis Gordon, Monty Gordon, David Gilroy, Marc Mitchell, Ken Sandlin, Chad Wiltrout, Todd Meador, Rex Turner, Chris Reising, Dale Bohannan, Michael Morter Dave Bassett, Christy Davis, Mary Montague, Paul D. Allen.

 

III.             APPROVAL OF MINUTES

         Minutes approved, Dale motioned to approve minutes, Neil 2nd, all approved.

 

IV.              NEW BUSINESS

         ICC Code hearings in Minneapolis Dale explained that Robert got 3 of 4 code changes passed. There were many questions. Next cycle for code change hearings will be in Portland, Oregon. Robert will talk more at our next meeting with details. Gerry George did not get re-elected. John Darnell elected another term as Board Liason. Kraig Stevenson is our Staff Liason and Regional Manager of Government Relations.

         No update on code classes.

         Michael Morter gave un update on e-permitting and the state signed with Accella. Lane county and Eugene will set up in the spring and should be available first to test the program by late 2009. Talked about the Water Moisture form. BCDs newsletter contact Michael Morter to be put on the mailing list; it comes out every two weeks.

 

V.                 OLD BUSINESS

         Update on ABM. Handouts are available on the website.

         Progess on the PV Guide Will be available for all jurisdictions; will be having another meeting and will keep everyone updated and notified when draft copy is available.

         Dave Bassett had a History Trivia contest; he emailed everyone questions and it was interesting to see who could recall the history.

VI.              Presentation by David Gilroy of Simpson Strong-Tie  

 

VII.           NEXT MEETING

         Next meeting October 24, at JJ Norths in Grants Pass.

Meeting adjourned at 1:20 p.m.                                                    Minutes provide by Christy Davis