SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
Friday, February 26, 2010
Community Justice Center, Medford
I. CALL TO ORDER
The general meeting was called to order at 12:13 by Mary Montague, President.
II. Members present: Michael Morter, Dale Bohannon, Pat DeBenedetti, Mike Oliver, Kathy Cote, Ted Zuk, Ruger Waechter, Marc Mitchell, Chris Reising, Sam Barnum, Derek Zwagerman, Tom Venzon, Kevin Ferguson, Larry Plew, Michael Grubbs, Charles Chase, Dave Bassett, Michael Terry, Jeff Pattschull, Audra Wonsyld, Rex Turner and Mary Montague.
IV. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Chris Reising made a motion to approve the agenda for February 26, 2010, motion seconded by Dale Bohannon, all approved.
V. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Dale Bohannon made a motion to approve the January 2010 minutes as written, motion seconded by Ted Zuk, all approved
Charlie Chase made a motion to approve the October 2009 minutes as written, seconded by Kathy Cote, all approved
VI. NEW BUSINESS
· Mary Montague- A new look for the SOCICC website. New features include, pay online for memberships and pay online for chapter meeting lunches.
· Michael Morter-BCD update-The new Oregon Solar Code is making progress, issues include roof access and roof ventilation. Possible effective date 7-1-10. BCD’s quarterly business meeting is on April 23rd. BCD’s role in local emergencies-IHMT (Inter Hazard Mitigation Team). Jurisdictions should be ready with Emergency preparedness plans in place. BCD is willing to help out w/ tools, rulemaking and teams.
· HB 3652 OIC renewal Phase 1- - requires Inspectors to renew OIC certifications every 3 years at a cost of $125. Phase 2- will eventually include cross training Certifications.
· OHBA is trying to delay the adoption of the 2011 codes. Oregon State Legislature is mandating higher energy efficiency ratings, the use of radon detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. Contractors feel that all the changes will hurt an already suffering housing industry.
· New Oregon Code Books Possibly available mid March
VII. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
· Charlie Chase thanked the chapter for the donation of approx 400 dollars to purchase two motion activated, weatherproof, camo colored, digital cameras for surveillance. Get in touch with Mr. Chase if you should need to use one of the cameras.
· Michael Grubbs thanked the chapter for the help and refreshments at the recent electrical bonding class that had 44 participants.
VIII. OPEN DISCUSSION
Meeting adjourned at 1:05 p.m. Minutes provided by Jeff Pattschull