SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
December 5, 2014 /12:00 P.M.
Community Justice Building, 1101 West Main Street, Medford, OR 97501
- CALL TO ORDER/INTRODUCTIONS
- Chapter President, Ted Zuk, called the meeting to order at 12:06 P.M.
- Members and guests in attendance: Ted Zuk, Jay Stine, Mark Stevens, Jeremy Payne, Dale Bohannon, Tom Phillips, Richard Rogers, Robert Rice, Michael Morter, Michelle Johnson, Dennis Richey, Mary Montague, Chad Wiltrout, Tom Venzon, Tanner Farrington, Jim Pruett, Bob Phillip
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Dale made a motion to approve the December minutes as presented and Jeremy seconded the motion. Motion passed.
III. REPORTS FROM OFFICERS
- Operating Report – Dennis handed out copies of the October and November 2014 operating reports. Current Balance was $4,108.63 with a $1,207.92 increase in funds which was reflected of previous undeposited monies and income starting to come in for the upcoming Means of Egress class.
IV. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Continued discussion and the Second Reading of By-Law changes pursuant to time, and place of future meeting. By-laws are to indicate the week of the month the meetings will be held for consistency, but it will be left for the executive board to decide on and set which day of the week preferably a Tuesday or Wednesday. At least 50% of meetings will be educational. Discussion was unanimous on approving changes as written. Robert made the motion to approve, Dale seconded, Motion Passed. Changes will be made to the Bylaws for signature by the Executive Board.
- Discussion was had on the positive outcome of the first Inspector Forum held at Medford Building Department. Most jurisdictions were represented and two items were agreed to for code consistency among area jurisdictions. Minutes of the meeting were handed out for review.
- Ted provided info on upcoming “Ask the Inspector” outreach efforts. Lowes has not given much return interest, but Home Depot was interested in having us attend. Ted asked for volunteers for the Phoenix Location and for possible further outreach efforts to the Grants Pass store.
- There were reminders of the upcoming Means of Egress Class and an update on the type and size of free banner ICC will provide our Chapter.
- A report on the results of the Survey Monkey answers was discussed and handouts provided.
V. NEW BUSINESS
- Jeremy was nominated as co-chair of the Education Committee and accepted.
- Discussion was had on the agenda item of raising the membership dues from $10.00 to $25.00 annually. Chad made a motion to raise the dues and Dale seconded. Motion passed.
- An overview of the CCB code education provider and ICC preferred provider programs was discussed. Robert suggested that the info be given to the ED committee for further review and recommendation for the next Chapter Meeting. Ted would get the info by e-mail to the Ed committee members.
- The calendars for next year’s meetings were handed out and consensus was to accept as presented. No motions were made.
- Jim Brown is new Oregon ICC Board Liaison
- Math Counts asks for Donation $100. Motion to approve from Robert, and 2nd motion from Dale. Motion passed.
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Time was running short and none submitted for discussion.
VIII. NEXT MEETING
Next meeting is January 28, 2015 at the Taprock, NW Grill, 971 SE 6th
St., Grants Pass
IX. MEETING ADJOURNED
- Robert made a motion to close the meeting and Tom seconded the motion. Motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 1:32 P.M.