SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
January 28, 2015 /12:00 P.M.
Taprock Grill, 971 SE 6th Street, Grants Pass
- CALL TO ORDER/INTRODUCTIONS
- Members and guests in attendance: Ted Zuk, Jay Stine, Mark Stevens, Dale Bohannon, Michael Morter, Dennis Richey, Chad Wiltrout, Tom Venzon, Bob Phillips, Mark Stevenson, Audra Wonsyld, Sam Barnum, Ken, Sandlin, Kyle Ward, Derek Zwagerman
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Dale made a motion to approve the December minutes as presented and Bob seconded the motion. Motion passed.
IV. REPORTS FROM OFFICERS
- Operating Report – Dennis handed out copies of the December 2014 operating report. Current Balance was $6,151.15. This was a substantial increase from previous reports with the rest of the Egress class fees being deposited and the start of the 2015 membership dues coming in.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- ICC Preferred Provider and CCB Contractor code training discussion tabled until missing committee members could report.
- Outreach efforts: Ted spoke about Home Depots and Lowes response to flyers. Ted asked for volunteers to look at northern area stores for outreach but none responded to the request.
- Michael Morter commented on continuing education for inspectors, and the need to be current on licenses and code certifications. He also spoke of the ability for jurisdictions to be able to be flexible in hiring persons from the trades with BCD authorizations.
- Continued discussion on the positive outcome of the January Inspectors Forum, held at the Medford building Department.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Discussion on upcoming Contractors Round Table Forum on April 14th and need for a Contractor / Inspector Forum to be held separately. Tentative date for the contractor / inspector forum is to be held in May. Medford to host with a date chosen for proper contractor notice.
- Next February meeting will feature Todd Davis from Roseburg Lumber as guest speaker. The location will be at the Community Justice Building, Medford. Date and time will be February 25, at 12PM.
- August Meeting will be somewhere the Oregon Coast (Brookings) Dale volunteered to look into the upcoming event with choices to be discussed at next meeting.
- Ted mentioned the membership application that is online. At this meeting date we have 35 active paid members which is a good start at this time as we only had 54 members total last year.
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Time was running short and none submitted for discussion.
VIII. NEXT MEETING
Next meeting is February 25, 2015 at the Community Justice Building, Medford, OR
VIIII. MEETING ADJOURNED
- Dale made a motion to close the meeting and Bob seconded the motion. Motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 12:40 P.M.