SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
February 25, 2015 /12:00 P.M.
Community Justice Building
1101 West Main Street,
Medford, OR 97501
- CALL TO ORDER/INTRODUCTIONS
- Chapter President, Ted Zuk, called the meeting to order at 12:08 P.M.
- Members and guests in attendance: Ted Zuk, Jay Stine, Mark Stevens, Dale Bohannon, Michael Morter, Dennis Richey, Chad Wiltrout, Mary Montague, Derek Zwaggerman., John Page, Tanner Fairrington, Jim Pruett, Kyle Ward, Michelle Johnson, Jeremy Payne, Sam Barnum, Chris Reising, LauraLee Snook, Jim Ackery
- EDUCATIONAL COMPONENT OF MEETING
- Guest Speakers – Roseburg Lumber, Todd Davis, Dave Anderson, and Linda Weaver from Roseburg Lumber.
- Todd Davis gave a brief history of Roseburg Forest Products. Their company currently has 630,000 acres of private stand timber. In 1999, the company started producing engineered wood products. Dave provided company product information, from design, to finish installation of engineered wood products. He spoke about design spans, how and where to cut or drill holes, and weatherization of their designed products. The presentation provided live interaction with many questions from members.
- Michael Morter, BCD Regional Liaison Update: Michael informed members of the latest from upstate. Topics included the recent State Senate Bill #133, and also the SEI and SPI Training Licenses and certifications that will be offered later this spring. State Senate Bill #133 provided a lively topic of discussion. Ted and Michael both explained their positions with OBOA opposing SB133. Ted asked for volunteers to to be part of the OBOA Legislative Committee. None volunteered.
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Minutes from January 28, 2015. Derick made the motion, and John 2nd the motion. Motion passed.
IV. REPORTS FROM OFFICERS
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Operating Report – Dennis handed out copies of the January 2015 operating report
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Education Committee – Jeremy provided his research on ICC Preferred Provider Program. Membership fee per year would be $200. Members discussed topic and Dennis made a motion for Jeremy to sign us up as an ICC preferred provider. Motion 2nd by Jeremy and carried by the membership.
- Mary presented her research on the CCB educational provider program, The buy in would be $2000.00 and we could not get a non-profit discount. Renewals were also $2000.00. General discussion among membership decided not to pursue this program at this time.
- Outreach Program – Home Depot, “Ask an Inspector Event” is a go with just 24 hours’ notice to Home Depot. Membership agreed the event will be arranged in May to coincide with Building Safety Month. Mary would like volunteers to assist with getting the good wall bad wall booth ready the upcoming event.
- Medford Contractors Forum – Sometime in May - Code Consistency will be the main topic and Medford members present would coordinate to pick the exact date they would host the event.
- Update on A.B.M. – Ted relayed speaking with Laura Lee earlier that Gold Beach may be the best bet for accommodations, more rooms are available and it is right on the beach. Dale said he would also report on for the next meeting.
VIII. OPEN DISCUSSION
IX. NEXT MEETING
- Time was running short and none submitted for discussion.
X. MEETING ADJOURNED
- Next meeting is March 25, 2015 @ 12 pm – Taprock NW Grill 971 SE 6th St., Grants Pass OR.
- Guest Speaker will be David Gilroy, Territory Representative from Simpson Strong-Tie for Oregon and SW Washington
- Jeremy made a motion to close the meeting and Dennis seconded the motion. Motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 1:55 P.M.