SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
April 22, 2015 /12:00 P.M.
Community Justice Building, 1101 West Main Street, Medford, OR
I. CALL TO ORDER – INTRODUCTION
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Chapter Vice President, Jay Stine, called the meeting to order at 12:10 PM
- Members and guests in attendance: Dennis Richey, Todd Brooks, Mark Stevens, Robert Rice, Jay Stine, Tanner Farrington, Michael Morter, John Page, Sam Barnum, Tom Venzon, Ken Sandlin, Jim Pruett, Chad Wiltrout
III. EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE MEETING
- Motion made by Tom Venzon, motion passed
IV. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Guest Speaker Frank Mendez from Fortifiber Building Systems Group gave a presentation on the building envelope in residential and commercial construction. The main focus was on moisture control systems that are available to the building industry. Frank explained the proper way to address window and door installs. There are several products within the Fortifiber Building Systems Group that protect buildings from water intrusion and excessive moisture.
V. NEW BUSINESS
- Members of the education committee were absent. Upcoming events –
- May 14 - 8:30 to 4pm class 2012 IMC design installation and inspection principles. Location will be NW Taprock meeting room, 971 Sixth Street, Grants Pass, OR. Instructor: Roger Retundo, San Antonio Building Codes Academy.
- May 28 – Contractors – Inspectors Forum. Location – City of Medford, 4PM to 6PM.
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
VIII. NEXT MEETING
IX. MEETING ADJOURNED
- May 27, 2015 at 12 PM, Community Justice Building, 1101 W. Main St., Medford, OR.
- Motion to close the meeting made by Dennis, seconded by the members. The meeting was adjourned at 1:22 PM.