SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
May 27, 2015 /12:00 P.M.
Community Justice Building, 1101 West Main Street, Medford, OR
I. CALL TO ORDER – INTRODUCTIONS
*Members and guests in attendance: Dennis Richey, Francis Cerdan, Sam Barnum, Ted Zuk, Jay Stein, Robert Rice, Mark Stevens, Christy Taylor, Jeremy Payne, Michael Morter, Dale Bohannon, Greg S., Chase Brown, Jeff Ramsey, Tanner Farrington.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
* Minutes from April 27 approved by Group in attendance.
* Michael Mortor, BCD Regional Liaison, announced a new state promotion. The group honored him with a few farewell gifts. He has been a great asset to the Southern Oregon Chapter these past 9 years.
III. EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE MEETING
* Guest speaker, Jeff Ramsey, from Lubrizol Corporation, spoke about CPVC systems. His company, Lubrizol, manufactures chlorinated polyvinyl chloride resins and compounds. Various industries purchase these resins, and compounds, and manufacture products such as –
* Flow Guard- Pipe and fittings for residential and commercial water distribution systems.
* BlazeMaster- Manufacturer of fire sprinkler systems for multi-family commercial and residential applications.
* Corzan - Industrial Systems for corrosive and high temperature applications and water distribution systems.
* Chase Brown, from Oregon Fire Coalition, spoke briefly on the topic of why residential fire sprinklers systems should be installed in new one and two family homes. Sprinklers could reduce fire deaths by 80% and property damage by 70%.
IV. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
* Treasurers Operating Report, given by Dennis.
V. UNFINIISHED BUSINESS
* The new Chapter banner was displayed at the meeting….looked impressive.
* Annual SOC – ICC Business Meeting set in stone, August 20th& 21st, 2015. Ted put together a flyer with the tentative scheduled events. This year’s fun will be at the Pacific Reef Resort. Rooms need to be booked by June 1st. Looks like a great time…come and join the party!!
VI. NEW BUSINESS
* Contractor Forum - Location, Medford Old Library. Date: May 28, 4PM to 6PM
* Ask Inspector - Meeting location, Phoenix Home Depot. Date: June 4th, 7AM to 2PM.
* May 14th IMC class- Report of the class was given by Ted.
* OBEO Report
(1). Raise dues
(2). Change in bylaws.
* Fire Stop Classes - Location to be determined. Date: June 17th, Fee is $20 per person. For more information contact Ted. Motion made and seconded by the group.
* Marijuana- Topic in reference to electrical service installations. Robert asked the group how various county jurisdictions are dealing with the new rules.
* None at this time.
VIII. OPEN DISCUSSION
*None at this time.
IX. NEXT MEETING
* June 24, 2015 @ 12PM, Taprock NW Grill, 971 SE 6th St., Grants Pass, OR.
* Guest speaker will be from Boral, and will speak about the new product in their lineup.
X. MEETING ADJOURNED
* Motion made to close the meeting, Dennis 2nd the motion. President adjourned the meeting at 2:13 PM