OUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ Minutes ~
September 23, 2015
Taprock NW Grill, 971 SE 6th Street, Grants Pass, Oregon
I. CALL TO ORDER – INTRODUCTIONS
* Special guest: Mike Huser from Trex Company. Members in attendance : Dennis Richey, Robert Rice, Dale Bohannan, Ted Zuk, Steve Matiaco, Todd Brooks, Tom Venzon, Bill Clemens, Jeremy Payne, Jay Stine, Ken Sandlin, Chad Wiltrout.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
* Motion to approve the minutes made by Dennis, Bill Clemens 2nd the motion. Motion carried.
III. EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE MEETING
* Guest speaker: Mike Huser from Trex Company, manufacturer of products for manufacturing decks, rails, and steel framing. 400 million pounds of wood and plastics are kept out of landfills from this green company. 95% of their raw materials are from recycled waste. The deck material comes in 12’, 16’, 20’ lengths, and allows for installation of hidden fasteners. There are 5 colors to choose from, and 3 manufacturing grades produced, which allows for temperature expansion in different climate conditions. The manufactured product meets the Fire Rating Index.
IV. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
* Treasurer’s Operating Report
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
* Last meeting Chapter voted to support Jerry Mallory in letter form. They tabled the request for monetary support.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
* Chapter is sending Ted Zuk to the ICC Annual Conference, in Long Beach, Ca. The county is paying for hotel. Robert Rice will also be attending. Looking forward to hearing from them both in November’s Chapter meeting.
* There was a discussion on which classes would be offered in the near future, using our “Preferred Provider” status. Members were asked to propose what kind of classes they would like to see offered. Contact Jeremy with suggestions.
* Next year’s ABM discussion. It was suggested to be somewhere in Klamath County. High on the list was Diamond Lake, and Running Y Ranch. At the next meeting the Chapter can finalize the location. Planning the details will need to be finalized before the end of this year.
* Thank you card from Jim Brown.
VIII. OPEN DISCUSSION
* Sunrooms: Questions asked - Are footings necessary? Can sunrooms be erected on existing decks? The Manufacture Design Instruction Package needs to be incorporated in the plan review process.
* Trusses - Topic of discussion: At Plan review, Manufactured Truss designs should be submitted.
IX. NEXT MEETING
* No October meeting
* Next meeting is November 18, 2015 at NEW MEETING LOCATION - Old Courthouse Building, Second Floor, 10 South Oakdale, Room 202
* Guest Speaker TBD
X. MEETING ADJOURNED
* Motion made to close the meeting, meeting adjourned at 2:30 PM