SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
November 18, 2015
10 South Oakdale, Room 202, Medford, Oregon
I. CALL TO ORDER – INTRODUCTIONS
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Members and guests in attendance: Mark Stevens, Dennis Richey, CJ Marincus, Jay Stine, Dale Bohannan, Robert Rice, Ken Sandlin, John Page, Sam Barnum, Ted Zuk, Mary Montague, Frank W., Steve Matiaco, Bill Clemens.
III. EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE MEETING
- Dale motioned to approve Septembers minutes. Motion carried, minutes approved.
IV. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
- Guest speaker: none at the meeting, business meeting only.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Treasurers Operating Report, given by Dennis. Report on file.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Ted and Robert addressed the recent ICC Conference that they attended in Long Beach. Jim Brown, a Chapter friend, was re-elected to the ICC Board of Directors. Alex “Cash” Olszowy III was elected as the new ICC President. Hopefully we can invite him to attend the next annual ICC Chapter event next August. Members decided on the Diamond Lake Resort, in Klamath County, as the next ABM location.
- Ted is in the final process for next year’s 2016 SOC ICC Meeting Calendar, with location and times. Chapter meetings for 2016 will be held on Thursdays. Motion was made to have monthly meetings on Thursdays, and John seconded the motion, motion carried.
- Inspectors Forum on November 12th was cancelled because of lack of interest. Workloads and Holiday events clouded the scheduled forum. Upcoming forums will be discussed the next Chapter meeting.
- Preferred Provider status topic was mentioned in the meeting. Some of the Education Committee members were absent. Hopefully in the next meeting the Chapter can offer a possible class schedule.
- Robert mentioned the new emerging technology of “Cross Laminated Timber”. The State Building Codes is already involved in this industry. The city of Portland has building projects being constructed of Cross Laminated Timber at this time. Riddle Oregon, next to Roseburg, is where this new industry is being manufactured. Hopefully our Chapter can invite an Industry Rep. to a 2016 weekly Chapter meeting.
- Marijuana Dispensaries were the topic of discussion. Dale asked how other jurisdictions were handling the state guidelines pertaining to grow operations and dispensaries. The consensus of the members was to wait until the OLCC Board determined regulatory laws.
- Food carts were the next topic of discussion. The Medford Building Dept. policy is that if the carts are mobile, and leave the site every day, no building requirements would apply. Site built food cart operations are required to meet the building codes.
- Tiny homes were also a topic of discussion. When built on a trailer, with an axel, these structures would need to follow the DMV regulations.
- Math counts, a non-profit organization, requested a donation. Our Chapter has been a strong supporter of this project in the past years. Dale motioned to contribute $100 to the organization. Robert seconded the motion. The motion was carried by members.
IX. OPEN DISCUSSION
X. NEXT MEETING
- A “Wyoming Belt Buckle” flyer was passed around to the members. For a reduced fee of $112, a member could have a shiny Cowboy Buckle.
- The Local Home Builders Association submitted a letter asking if the Chapter wanted to lease a space at the Home Show, Feb. 19, 20, 21. Consensus was that the expense was too much.
Jay motioned to adjourn the meeting, John seconded the motion. Meeting was adjourned @ 1:20 p.m.
- No December Meeting….the secretary is jumping for joy ; )
- Next meeting January 28, 2016 at Tap Rock, Grants Pass
- Guest speaker TBD