SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
January 28, 2016
Taprock NW Grill, 971 SE 6th Street, Grants Pass
I. CALL TO ORDER – INTRODUCTIONS
* Members and guests in attendance: Steven Matiaco, Mark Stevenson, Ken Sandlin, Jim Pruett, CJ Marincus, Dennis Richey, Ted Zuk, Mark Stevens, Alex Rodriguez, Jay Stine, Greg Seger, Jim Akery, Jeremy Payne, Frank Wharregard, Scott Linfesty, Robert Rice, Mary Montague.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
* Dennis motioned to accept the minutes, Mark Stevenson 2nd the motion, motion carried.
III. EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE MEETING
* Guest speaker: Special guest speaker, Scott Linfesty, from the State Building Codes Division addressed the club. Scott, who is also the Southern Regional Coordinator, informed us on State Policy guide lines. Building Codes is requiring accountability on site and write policy when in the field. All code violations in the field require a code reference at the time of the violation. Inspections need to be entered into the system, same day, with proper code language.
* February 5th O.I.C. structural and mechanical classes begin. Electrical S.I.P. classes will also begin Feb. 20th. Contact Dana Fisher at B.C.D. for more information.
IV. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
* Treasurers Operating Report given by Dennis.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
* Southern Oregon ICC Chapter 2016 calendar has been set up for the year’s events.
* Quarterly educational classes have been set in motion. IBC Egress is one of the first classes. A.B.M. location is Diamond Lake, August 18-19. RV and camping spots need to be booked ASAP, contact Diamond Lake Resort. There was a discussion about which upcoming “Preferred Provider” classes might be offered. Contact Jeremy for more information.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
A couple of topics brought up for discussion were-
- Commercial Hood Dampers
- Special inspections done by qualified professionals, who have expertise in commercial projects. In our local area engineering firms are being utilized to perform this task.Members suggested that there would be a list of qualified, registered individuals who could be called upon to test, examine and approve specialized construction.
- Upcoming contractor –inspector forum.
- 2016 membership dues are due; please take care of this matter.
* Chapter received a special invite to tour the Allura Cement Plant in White City, with lunch provided!
VIII. OPEN DISCUSSION
* Robert commented on members registering and voting on the IBC, and IBEC code change proposals. As members, we can support or oppose with a vote. Proposal # G170 needs to be opposed due to incorrect testimony.
IX. NEXT MEETING
* February 25, 2016, at Taprock Grill – 971 6th St. Grants Pass.
* Guest speaker – El Dorado Stone industry rep. on proper installation and common application problems.
X. MEETING ADJOURNED
* Motion made to close the meeting @ 1:13 PM, meeting adjourned.