SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
February 25, 2016
Taprock NW Grill, 971 SE 6th Street, Grants Pass
I. CALL TO ORDER – INTRODUCTIONS
- Members and guests in attendance; Ted Zuk, CJ Marincus, Dennis Richey, Jeremy Payne, Jim Pruett, Jay Stine, Bill Clemens, John Thomas, Michelle Johnson, Frank Wharregard, Steve Matiaco, Chad W., Audra Wonsyld, Mark Stevens, and Bill from Douglas County.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Jeremy motioned to accept minutes, Dennis seconded the motion. Motion carried.
III. EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE MEETING
- Guest speaker: Matt Wilson from El Dorado Stone, a division of Headwaters INC. Mr. Wilson provided the members with a beautiful catalog that displayed architectural styles and designs created from stone and brick. El Dorado Stone material begins with a blend of limestone aggregates, minerals, natural pigments, and special bonding agents. The material is applied by hand, layer by layer into a mold, creating natural color and texture variations. There is a four step finish process available in multiple colors and surfaces. Mr. Wilson also provided information on the installation process. He suggested going on to the internet site to look at the company’s installation requirements.
IV. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
- Treasurers Operating Report given by Dennis. Membership dues need to be paid. Please make the effort to do so.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- This year’s calendar changed again because of remodel project at the Community Justice Building.
- 2016 Membership Dues.
- Reminder – registration and lodging for ABM – August 18-19, 2016
- Report on suggestions offered to Jeremy for classes to be offered by using our “Preferred Provider” status. Need suggestions, ICU credits available. Please contact Jeremy.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Class picks for 2016 from Ed Committee
- ICC Region Two Membership
- Report on Contractor/Building Inspector Forum: In final agreement decided to allow cripple walls, which are less than 14 inches in height, to have sheer panels 4 feet on both ends, and one 4 foot sheer panel in the middle section.
- Upcoming Co-sponsoring of NFSA Fire Classes in July in Medford, offered by Chase Browning.
- Upcoming OBOA short School in Eugene.
- Wyoming BO Conference with kick butt fly fishing
- OBOA Board of Directors outreach on meeting dates.
VIII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Bill asked the Club their views on how to address the subject of “Tiny Houses”. The position of the City of Medford and Jackson County on this issue is that they do not meet the ORSC as structures.
IX. NEXT MEETING
- March 24, 2016 @ Medford Carnegie Library (Tentative)
- Guest Speaker – Craig Shelton, Atrium Windows industry rep on proper installation and common application problems.
X. MEETING ADJOURNED
- Chad motioned to close the meeting, Jeremy seconded…. meeting adjourned at 1:47pm.