SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
March 24, 2016
Carnegie Building, Second Floor, 413 W. Main St., Medford, OR
I. CALL TO ORDER – INTRODUCTIONS
- Members and guests in attendance; Dennis Richey, Robert Rice, Jeremy Payne, Alex Rodriguez, Dale Bohannan, Ted Zuk, Derek Z., Chris Randall, David Estep, Scott Linfesty, Jay Stine, Jim P., Todd Brooks, Fred Phillips, John Page, CJ Marincus, Mark Stevens, Tanner Farrington, Bob Phillips, Chad Wiltrout, Mary Montague, & Bill Clemens.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Jeremy motioned to accept minutes, Dale seconded the motion. Motion was carried.
III. EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE MEETING
- Guest speaker was David Estep from the Truss Company, 1450 Antelope Rd., White City, Or. David and two team members presented an interesting presentation on the manufacturing and installation of engineered trusses. The members had a variety of questions concerning Raised Heel Trusses, up lift loading and the bracing requirements for structural Gable trusses.
- Scott Linfesty, from Building Codes, spoke about the recent statewide interpretation regarding Rooftop Mechanical Units. Basically, structural plan requirements would not be required if “like for like” equipment is to be replaced on roof decks. However, jurisdictions would require an installation manual at the time of installation.
- During a recent meeting with the State Fire Marshall, Mark Long, State Building Official, made the clear interpretation that the Building Official has the right to make the final call on fire related issues in commercial buildings. B.C.D. is in the process of drafting a statewide interpretation.
IV. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
- Treasurers operating report was given by Dennis.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- The 2016 Membership dues are coming in slowly.
- Reminder – registration and lodging for ABM – August 18-19, 2016. Motel rooms start at $89. For campsite rates call 877-444-6777.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Class picks for 2016 from Ed Committee: 2015 IBC Fire and Life Safety Principles
CEU Credit: ICC 6 Contact Hours and AIA Approved
When: Tuesday, May 3, 2016; 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (˝ hr. Lunch at 12:30)
Where: Carnegie Building, 413 West Main St., Medford, Or.
- Upcoming Co-sponsoring of NFSA Fire Classes in July in Medford, offered by Chase Browning. July 27th – Pumps For Fire Protection.July 28th- Sprinkler Protection Of Storage. Classes to be held at Carnegie Library, 413 W. Main St, Medford, Oregon.
VIII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Solar Photovoltaic Class offered by Central Oregon ICC Chapter in Bend Or., April 29th and May 6th. There is limited seating. If interested, contact Randy Scheid at least one week prior. Phone 541-317-3137
IX. NEXT MEETING
- IRC Code Proposals: Contact Robert Rice for more information
X. MEETING ADJOURNED
- April 28th @ Taprock NW Grill, 971 SE 6th Street, Grants Pass
- Guest Speaker: Thomas Rhoades, industry rep. from Hunter Insulation will be discussing the proper installation and common application problems.
- Dale motioned to close the meeting, Robert seconded…..meeting was adjourned at 1:22 p.m.