SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
April 28th, 2016
Taprock NW Grill, 971 SE 6th Street, Grants Pass
I. CALL TO ORDER – INTRODUCTIONS
- Members and guests in attendance; CJ Marcincus, Ken Sandlin, Steve Matiaco, Chad Wiltrout, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Stevens, Chase Browning, Tanner Fairington, Derek Z., Ted Zuk, Frank Wharregard, Tom Venzon, Jay Stine.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Derek motioned to accept minutes, Tom seconded the motion. Motion carried.
III. EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE MEETING
- Guest speaker was Tom Rhoades from Hunter Insulation Panels. Hunter, a manufacturer of Polyiso insulation panels has the industries #1 insulating material. Polyiso insulation can be installed on both commercial and residential roof and wall structures. It’s lightweight, easy to install, and provides significant energy savings. Tom spoke mainly about Flat Roof commercial installations. The Washington State plant is the closest West Coast distributor.
IV. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
- Treasurers operating report was given by Dennis.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- May 3rd – Fire and Life Safety Principles Class, next Tuesday, at the Carnegie Building, 413 West Main St., Medford Or.
- Reminder – registration and lodging for ABM – August 18-19, 2016. Motel rooms start at $89. For campsite rates call 877-444-6777.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Upcoming Co-sponsoring of NFSA Fire Classes in July, in Medford, offered by Chase Browning. July 27th – Pumps For Fire Protection. July 28th – Sprinkler Protection for High Pile Storage. Classes to be held at Carnegie Library, 413 W. Main St., Medford Or.
- Ted reported on the recent OBOA meeting from North Salem. Highlights from the meeting (1.) Special meeting is in process separating the Fire Marshalls Code IFC from the State Building code. (2.) Oregon Certification overhaul. November 1st letters will be sent out to inspectors notifying them that ICC certification will be incorporated into a State Certification. (3.) Within 3 to 5 years Oregon will have a combination Residential Inspectors license which will cover Electrical, Building, Mechanical, and Plumbing. Commercial Inspectors License may follow. (4.) E-Permitting, and DEQ will soon be incorporated in Accela. (5.) Video Inspection Test Program is being conducted in the Metro Area. (6.) C.L.T. building technology is on-hold statewide. Smoke, flame and seismic tests are being evaluated. (7.) C.N.G. Project is moving forward. It is estimated that 6 to 7 billion will be injected into the economy. (8.) All statewide code adoptions will be moved to Oct. 1st, each cycle.
VIII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Members at the meeting were baffled with the states direction with Oregon’s future combination licenses, and withdrawing from ICC certifications.
IX. NEXT MEETING
- May 26th, 2016 @ Carnegie Building, 2nd Floor, 413 W. Main St., Medford
- Guest Speaker – Atrium Windows Industry Rep on proper installation and common application problems.
X. MEETING ADJOURNED
- Alex motioned to adjourn, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 1:42 pm.