SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
July 28, 2016
Carnegie Building, Second Floor, 413 W. Main, Medford, OR
I. CALL TO ORDER INTRODUCTIONS
*Members and Guests in attendance: Mark Stevens, Dennis Richey, Alex Rodriguez, Jay Stine, Tanner F., Jeremy Payne, Jay Henry, Todd Brooks, Brian M., Samantha Methany, Chase Browning, Michael S., Allen Brown, Ralph S., Ted Zuk, John Page, Marguerite Hickman & a few others whose names I could not read.
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
* Jay Stine motioned to approve last months minutes from June 23rd, motion carried.
III. EDUCATION COMPONENT OF THE MEETING
* Guest speakers New State Fire Marshall, Mike Shaw was introduced to the members. Mike is happy to represent the Southern Oregon Region. Mikes contact # is 541-944-5065. Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
* Jay Henry, representative from BCD updated members on the direction that Building Codes will be going in the next few months. Letters will be sent out on August 1st that will be informing inspectors statewide of the new Oregon Inspectors Licenses which will be adopted November 1st. ICC certifications will be transferred to Oregon Certifications. Questions regarding certifications will be explained in the coming letters.
* BCD is starting a residential combo (structural plumbing and electricity) program this fall at C.C.C. in Salem. High School graduates will be able to learn and master basic skills to become new residential combo Building Inspectors. For more information contact BCD.
* Building Code Change Classes will be offered September 21, 28, 29.
(1.) Structural and Mechanical Class September 21, 2016
(2.) Plumbing Class September 28, 2016
(3.) Electrical Class September 29, 2016
* If inspectors need Continuing Education Classes in order to update your licenses to Oregon Licenses contact BCD
IV. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
* Treasurers Operating Report given by Dennis.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
* SOC ICC Annual Business Meeting is August 18th& 19th at Diamond Lake Resort. For last minute signups contact Dennis Richey, or pay online at -
https:www.soc-icc.org, this is a 2 day event and will truly be exciting and educational.
Schedule at a Glance: Day one- Thursday:
8:30 4:00 Overview of the Fire Alarm
Provisions based on IBC and NFPA 72 Class
12:00 1:00 Catered Lunch Chicken Pot Pie
6:00 PM: Cajun Seafood Boil and Social at the Pavilion included Bring the family.
Day two Friday:
8:00-8:15 Introductions and Roll Call
8:15-8:45 Mike Trabue OSFM Update
8:45-9:30 Jay Henry BCD Update
9:45-10-15 Chase Browning NFPA Presentation
10:15-10:40 Warren Jackson, OBOA Update
10:40-11:15 Jack Applegate Region II ICC
11:15-11:45 Brenda Thompson, MCP, MPA, ICC Director on ICC News
11:45-12:30 Kraig Stevenson ICC Government Relations Western States
12:30-1:00 Brief Business Meeting and installation of new officers
VI. NEW BUSINESS
* Nominations from the floor for new SOC-ICC Chapter Officers. Ted Zuk nominated Jeremy Payne as new the President, nomination was approved. Jay Stine, current Vice President, agreed to return as Vice President for the next term. Member voted to accept Jay as Vice President, motion carried. Dennis nominated CJ Marincus as the new Treasurer, nomination was also approved. Finally, Mark was thrilled that Alex Rodrigues and John Page, two outstanding individuals, were nominated for Secretary. In this hotly contested race Alex Rodriguez squeezed by with the members vote. Congratulations new Officers! They will be inducted at the August meeting. Special thanks to Kara Stevens who typed up Marks notes for 2 years. Everyone knows that Marks computer and typing skills leave much to be desired ; )
* Recently we received letter requests for indorsements for upcoming ICC Board members. At this time the Chapter decided to send a letter of recommendation for Brenda Thompson.
VIII. OPEN DISCUSSION
* None at this time.
IX. NEXT MEETING
* August 18th & 19th Diamond Lake Resort, 350 Resort Drive, Diamond Lake Or.
X. MEETING ADJOURNED
*Dennis made the motion to close the meeting, motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 12:58 PM.