SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
May 25, 2017
Taprock N.W. Grill, 971 S.E. 6th St., Grants Pass, Or
I. CALL TO ORDER/ INTRODUCTIONS @12:05 pm
- Members and guests in attendance, CJ Marincus, Alex Rodriguez, Chase Browning, Steve Parks, Tanner Fairrington, Jay Henry, Tamara Ilten, Frank Wharregard, Mike Shaw, Jay Stine, Greg Kleinberg, Dennis Richey, Chad Wiltrot, Ted Zuk
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Motion by Dennis to approve minutes, 2nd by Mark - Motion carried
III. REPORT OF OFFICERS
- Treasurer's Report by Alex – Account as of 4-30-17 is $933.18
IV. GUEST SPEAKER’S
- Greg Kleinberg – Update on Wildfire Hazard Mitigation. In September of 2016 Greg proposed a code amendment change for homes built in fire hazard zones. In February 2017, the first code hearing came up, questions were answered and from that a recommendation was made to put it in an appendix. A workshop was put together by ones that attended and came up with Appendix W. On April 5th, Greg went up to testify on Appendix W and to answer any questions. Members of the wood industry were in favor and Home Builders Association were not because of cost. There was a vote of 6 to 1 in favor of moving forward. There’s has been good support so far in the process. The next hearing is a public one and will be on the 20th of June. Greg encouraged everyone’s support.
- Jay Henry – BCD – Nothing new going on.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
1 Night catered dinner on the beach & 2 Days of lunch vouchers at the Chowder House. Register online @ https://www.soc-icc.org There are other events happening that weekend, so make your room reservations as soon as you can.
- 2017 ABM Registration is now open. The price is $200.00 and includes 1 full day of ICC and AIA accredited continuing education. Classes will be taught by ICC instructor Terrell Stripling. The classes are the IRC Residential Deck Construction & 2015 IBC Fire Resistance & Hazardous Uses. .
- Inspector/Contractor Forum – Jay Stine - One was held on May 9th and the turnout was poor. Please ask contractors if this is something they would like to have.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Secretary and Education Committee Chairman Seats – Motion was made by Alex for Tamara Ilten as new Secretary. Vote was cased and all were in favor.
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Education class – Sprinkler System Installation Requirements held on July 27th at the new Medford Fire Station 4, 2208 Table Rock Road. Starts at 8am and goes to 4pm.
- Section 1704.2.1 OSSC – Special inspector qualifications – The special inspector shall provide written documentation to the building official demonstrating his or her competence and relevant experience or training.
VIII. NEXT MEETING
- Next meeting 06/29/17 @ 12pm @ Community Justice Building, 1101 W. Main St, Or
- Meeting adjourned @ 12:45