SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
September 28, 2017
Medford Carnegie Library
413 W. Main Street, Medford, Oregon 97501
I. CALL TO ORDER/ INTRODUCTIONS @12:10 pm
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Members and guests in attendance, CJ Marincus, Alex Rodriguez, Jay Stine, Mark Stevens, Breck Cook, Robert Rice, Jim Akery, Chad Wiltrout, Mary Montague, Ted Zuk, Jay Henry, Sam Barnum
- Motion by Alex Rodriguez to approve minutes, 2nd by John Page - Motion carried
III. REPORT OF OFFICERS
IV. GUEST SPEAKERS
- Treasurer's Report by Alex Rodriguez September we had a Net decrease of $1,445.27 with a ending balance of $2,816.31. October we had a net increase of $3,701.97 with a ending balance of $6,081.27
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Jay Henry BCD Code change classes Dana will send out emails for locations and times of code change classes in our region. Please sign up early. Last class in Salem was filled in just 7 minutes. Hope to have new code books available online by October 1st with paper books soon after.
- Square D Megan the Rep for Square D brought in one of their new main lug load center panels that has the Qwik Grip feature. Megan mentioned that Contractors can say so long to the frustrating removal of knockouts, installing wire connectors, and blindly pulling wire into a load center. Speed up installation and slide wires from the front with the Qwik-Grip wire management system. With a quick bend of the wire using the wire bend guide on the Qwik-Grip insert, the wire easily slides into the slot. Then, snap on the Qwik-Grip shield to keep the wires behind the router for a secure, code compliant installation. Qwik-Grip, a state of the art wire management system, lets you to move on the next job quicker. Mark Stevens asked Megan a few questions about their products and she seamed informed about the product line.
- International Fire Code Fundamentals class coming up on Thursday, October 5th at the Community Justice Building on W Main in Medford. Class is from 8:30 3:30 w/1/2 hr. lunch at 12:30. $150 for members, $175 for non-members.
- IBC Structural Plan Review class Tuesday, November 7th also at the Community Justice Building on W Main in Medford. Class is from 8:30 3:30 w/1/2 hr. lunch at 12:30. $150 for members, $175 for non-members.
- Klamath Basin HBA along with SOC-ICC invite you to attend an Engineered Wood Products Installation Clinic for Residential Framers put on by Weyerhaeuser on Tuesday, October 10th, 4-5:30pm, this is a free clinic held at the Klamath Community College Building 6, Room H138, 7390 S. 6th St, Klamath Falls.
- November 30th, SOC-ICC and Earth Advantage will have a 4hr training class for High Performance EPS Homes. This class provides CCB, OCHI and BPI credits. We are working on getting this class approved for CEU credits as a Preferred Provider class from ICC. This class is free to attend. 8-12:00 at the Carnegie Library, 413 W. Main St, Medford, Or.
VI. NEW BUSINESS
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Recap on SOC-ICC ABM Ted Zuk stated that he thought that it was a smashing success. 20 + attended the two day event with 40 + attending the Cajun boil and about 12 went on the Jet boat ride up the Rogue River to Agness for dinner. We had two ½ day classes by Marks favorite ICC instructor Terrell Stripling. Guest speakers were Tom Phillips-BCD, Michael Trabue-OSFM, Dave Bassett-History of SOC and Jim Sayers-ICC Region II President.
- Recap on ICC ABM at Columbus, Ohio-Ted Zuk stated that it was well organized at the convention center, easy to get around. This was no code change voting this year but we did get a new ICC board. Our new President is Jay Elbettar from Mission Viejo, Ca, add to that is David Spencer from Washington State, we supported his campaign, he is the new Regional Operations Manager and is also the new President of Region II which is Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho and Wyoming. Region II received Spotlight of the year award at the Conference. Next year it will be in Richmond, Virginia on October 21st 31st. New Region II Officers are David Spencer President (WA), Jack Applegate Vice President (OR), Mark Palino Treasurer (AK), Russell Murphy Secretary (MT) and Jim Sayers Past President (OR). There are some bi-law changes that are going through that will require to have two At Large positions. Please let Ted or one of the board members know if you are interested.
VIII. NEXT MEETING
- ADA regulations for existing City of Medford buildings Sam Barnum stated that a person has file a law suite against the city of Medford. Medford is now required by the Feds to upgrade every City owned sidewalk, curb cut and building to currant ADA standards.Medford is in the process of doing evaluations of their facilities and sidewalks and putting a plan together to resolve the issue.
- Next meeting 11/30/17 @ 12pm @ Carnegie Library., 413 W. Main St., Medford, OR
- Meeting adjourned @ 1:07pm