SOUTHERN OREGON CHAPTER
INTERNATIONAL CODE COUNCIL
~ MINUTES ~
July 27th, 2017 / 12:00 P.M.
Medford Fire Station Four, 2208 Table Rock Rd, Medford, OR, 97501
I. CALL TO ORDER/ INTRODUCTIONS @ 12:15 PM
- Members in attendance: Alex Rodriguez, Jay Stine, Breck Cook, Margueritte Hickman, Jim Akery, Jay Henry, Ralph Sartain, Tamara Ilten, Greg Kleinberg, Steve Parks, Chase Browning, Suzanne Mayr
II. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- „h Motion by Alex Rodriguez to approve minutes, 2nd by Jay Stine. Motion carried.
III. REPORTS OF OFFICERS
- Treasurerˇ¦s Operating Report (Alex): The ending balance as of 6/30/17 was $2,940.38. There was a net increase of $928.37.
IV. GUEST SPEAKERS
- We did not have a guest speaker since there was a class today.
- A few words from Jay Henry @ BCD: There will be some Code Change classes coming up. They will be posted on the BCD website and the August newsletter. Here is the link to the website http://www.oregon.gov/BCD/pages/index.aspx
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- 2017 ABM Registration still open! Price is $200.00 and includes: (1) full day of ICC and AIA accredited continuing education. There is still time to register.
- Classes will be taught by ICC Instructor: Terrell Stripling
- Classes: IRC Residential Deck Construction & 2015 IBC Fire Resistance & Hazardous Uses.
- (1) Night catered dinner on the beach & (2) Days of lunch vouchers at the Chowder House.
- Register online @ https://www.soc-icc.org/
- Rooms available as first come, first served. There are not many spaces left.
- Friday night Jerryˇ¦s Jet Boats Trip $45 per person (check with Alex about payment or tell them you are with the SOC-ICC) leaves Gold Beach at 3pm and goes 65 miles up the Rogue River to the town of Agness for dinner (not included in the price of trip) and back to Gold Beach. Here is the link http://www.roguejets.com/64-mile-jet-boat-trip/
VI. NEW BUSINESS
- Education Committee, Cost approx. $150- $200, with members receiving $25 off. Possible upcoming classes are IBC Plan Review and IFC Fundamentals. Possible dates are September 18th ˇV 22nd for the Plan Review and November 5th-18th for the IFC Fundamentals.
- ICC Member Reception with Dominic Sims, CEO and President Dwayne Garriss last Tuesday in Portland. Ted Zuk and Jay Stine attended this reception in Portland. There was talk about making the certification process easier and possible testing online.
- Interest in a tour of a marijuana facility, let Jay Stine know. It is the facility on Clark Street in Medford.
VII. OPEN DISCUSSION
- Greg Kleinberg from Medford Fire-Rescue stated that Appendix W was shut down with cost being the main reason. There were many concerns regarding this including concerns about another fire in comparison to the fire in Weed, CA.
VIII. NEXT MEETING
- ABM at Gold Beach, August 10-11
„h Meeting Adjourned @ 12:33 PM